Europe Itinerary and Budget Breakdown

After weeks of careful planning, I finally finalized my itinerary:
DATEACTIVITYCOUNTRY
Day 119:50 - Depart ManilaPhilippines
Day 206:35 - Arrive in Amsterdam/ Amsterdam Walking TourNetherlands
Day 3Explore AmsterdamNetherlands
Day 4Train from Amsterdam to Cologne -Cologne Cathedral, Explore CologneNetherlands/Germany
Day 5Cologne - Hop-on Hop off bus Around CologneGermany
Day 6Cologne - Rhine River Cruise, More of CologneGermany
Day 7Cologne to Bruhl - PhantasialandGermany
Day 8Travel from Cologne to Hahn Airport. Fly to Venice. Explore VeniceGermany/Italy
Day 9More of VeniceItaly
Day 10Train from Venice to Florence, explore FlorenceItaly
Day 11Florence City TourItaly
Day 12Day trip - Cinque TerreItaly
Day 13Day trip - Tuscany Tours: San Gimignano and SiennaItaly
Day 14Florence to RomeItaly
Day 15Rome Ruins: Colloseum, Roman ForumItaly
Day 16Vatican City plus more of RomeItaly
Day 17Morning: Rome. Afternoon: Fly To ParisItaly/France
Day 18Paris - Ile de la Cité /Notre-Dame/Latin QuarterFrance
Day 19Paris - Tour the Louvre/Champs-Elysées/Arc de Triomphe /Eiffel TowerFrance
Day 20Chateau de VersaillesFrance
Day 21Paris - Musee D' Orsay/Rodin Museum/Napoleon's TombFrance
Day 22Paris Shopping Day/ Train from Paris To Asterdam/ Overnight in AMSFrance/Netherlands
Day 2314:00 Flight from Amsterdam to ManilaNetherlands
Day 2411:15 Arrive in ManilaPhilippines


Whew! I’ll discuss my adventures, tips and costs in detail as I go along my Europe series.


The budget:

This is the breakdown of the planned budget. The actual budget is a different story but I didn’t break the bank and I remained within my USD 5,000 budget.























The story of each slice:
Pre-Europe Shopping
Bought a pair of walking shoes (which I used twice during the entire trip)
A 40L backpack (which I ditched by the time I landed in my second city)
Travel accessories (money belt, eye shade, new earphones for Ipod)
Some new clothes for layering
Visa Related Fees
Visa Fees
Phone call to embassy premium line
Travel Insurance
Managers check fee, Bank certificate fee
Shopping – for myself and for pasalubongTravel Tax - Terminal Fee for international flights, Travel TaxAirfare - I chose to pay because it was on promo fareAccommodation - Booking fees, downpayment and payment of balanceTours – tickets, reservation fees, tipsTransportation – intra-Europe airfare, trains, city trams/buses, city transporation passesFood and minor fees – food, groceries, toilet fees, balikbayan box,

Spending the budget:

I didn't spend all my budget in one go...






















 

Before – payments via cash and credit card settled before my departure date
During – cash-based transactions during the trip
After – credit card bill; the highest credit card bill I received in my entire life.

Comments

  1. Firstly, congratulations on the successful DIY trip. You are such an inspiration. I'm planning to embark on my own DIY Euro tour next year, and I am already starting to save up. I got so many tips from your website. Thank you very much.

    I can't wait to read your posts about France. Your life is indeed good =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Save save save. You'll get there. Happy to help you out.
    Life is good. God is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is interesting. How long did it take for you to save for your EU trip? Most of my funds are deposited to my travel account but I don't think my earnings can hit the 2-3 years target to afford all those destinations. I think it depends on the salary one makes.

      Delete
    2. For my first Europe trip, I saved consistently for almost 2 years. For the next Europe trip, it took me less than that. Whenever I got a raise, I made sure my a chunk would go to my travel fund. I kept on saving for travel even though I didn't have an immediate destination in mind. I think no matter how small the amount you save, as long as you are consistent in saving it, then you'll hit your target. Good luck! :)

      Delete
  3. Simply awesome. A lot of people would find this post really helpful. Congrats for making your dream come true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ihcahieh: Thanks! I hope this will help others make their dream come true as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks a lot for writing this adventure accountant! just what i needed :-) really have to have 3k USD then for a week-long adventure huh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Europe! It will probably take me 10 years to save 5k USD yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mustachio: Kahit 10 years pa yan, basta maiipon! You will get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is so inspiring!....hope to go on europe tour....but for now...il be going to cambodia and vietnam...i read ur blog...and it helps a lot in our trip.....thank u so much!! god bless u always..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Loraine. Do you necessarily have to fly in and fly out in the same country? If you fly in Netherlands from Philippines, it does not have to be Netherlands again going back to Philippines correct? By the way what if you decide that you want to change itinerary on the spot? Like what if you thought of going to Luxembourg even if its not in your itinerary, pwede ba yun or do you have to strictly abide sa itinerary mo? appreciate your reply. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UK Visa Application in the Philippines

Blaaaaah-ging

Schengen Visa Application via French Embassy in the Philippines