Hostel Review: Hostel Trotamundos, Seville, Spain



Seville is a pretty walkable city. I chose Hostel Trotamundos for its location, and I was able to book a room without a downpayment. I took a cab from Seville Santa Justa station going to the hostel – cost around € 7. The hostel is also accessible by bus, but I didn't feel like walking a lot at that time - I was getting tired from the heat and the whole trip. Read: Nakakatamad.
 


The hostel was just average for me. Stayed here for three nights. A bed in a female dorm with 6 beds costs €16 – with breakfast! Really cheap dorms in Andalucia.




Tripadvisor reviews says that the rooms and big and spacious. I don't know where the big and spacious rooms are but it is not Room #10. I found the room was actually quite stuffy, just average size, but kept clean.

 
The nice thing about the room is having airconditioning. It can get really hot in Seville during the afternoon so going back to the hostel for some afternoon siesta in an airconditioned room is essential. Warning: there is no lift, so prepare to haul your luggage in the 2nd floor using the stairs. I also heard the footsteps and slamming dorms from the other rooms during the night. Well, it is still a dorm.




The location is absolutely excellent. Near the Cathedral, the river side and lots of restaurants, ATMs nearby. The staff was just so-so, but they helped me out.



The breakfast served was quite comprehensive: bread, assorted jams, cereal, oatmeal/muesli, and coffee. The kitchen and the fridge was handy too, you can store and cook your own food. I had a grandma roomie (68 years old backpacking around Europe for 5 months!). No photo though. 
 
House rules

 
There bathroom was functional -clean, had ample hot water, had toilet paper. I think all the dorm rooms have shared bathroom.






Join the terrific walking tours! The morning tour is different from the sunset tour. Do both!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UK Visa Application in the Philippines

Blaaaaah-ging

Schengen Visa Application via French Embassy in the Philippines