BTS Station: Sala Daeng
MRT Station: Silom
We had a bit of trouble locating the place. But well, we weren’t completely ourselves after that long journey from Siem Reap. Half of my wits were already being digested by my hungry intestines. The direction of the hostel is actually quite simple, if only I was patient and alert. Eventually, we found our “diamond in the rough” place for four nights.
|It is the only bright place in the vicinity|
I got the twin room for BHT 890 per night, no breakfast. That’s BHT 445 per person. Pricey when compared to the previous two countries. There's a key deposit of BHT 200 upon check-in.
Aircon was good. It was actually quite cool.
Plenty of hot water. Flush of the toilet is okay.
Shampoo and soap was provided. If you want your room cleaned (trash empties, towels replaced), you hang up a sign outside your door.
- The hostel is conveniently located near everywhere.
- The hostel is actually a good 15 minutes walk to the train station... IF you don’t get distracted with the night markets.
- There is a food market for the locals, 5 minutes from the hostel. Having no breakfast in the hostel proved to be an advantage. We got to try out more Thai meals.
- 5 minutes away from Patpong Night Market.
- Lots of convenience stores (7-11 everywhere), banks, money changers, fast food stores and local food stalls.
- They have a common room with a common bathroom with shower. You can hang out here before you check-in or after you check-out. They have a dining table, if you want to get your food somewhere else and eat in there.
- They have a water dispenser. Just refill your own bottle. Yay! More savings for shopping! There's also free coffee and Ovaltine.
- There are two computers that you can use in the lobby, for free.
- Lots of maps and tour brochures in the lobby. They have a 20% discount from a massage place.
- The receptionists are not the "hippiest", compared to other hostels. But they are very patient in answering all your questions.
I'm missing a couple of pictures because I think I accidentally deleted those.