Argentina AVE/ETA Visa Application in the Philippines

I have a valid US visa (B1/B2). Based on the Migraciones website of Argentina, I am eligible to appy for an Autorizacion de Viaje Electronica or AVE visa (ETA visa). The AVE is applicable to foreigners holding valid US visas (see website for the types of US visa covered by this). The visa has to be valid during your stay in Argentina. 

If you don't have a valid US visa, you do not qualify for AVE and you'll have to apply for a normal toursit visa for Argentina. I do not have firsthand experience for that procedure. I can only share my experience in obtaining an AVE. 



I followed the steps enumerated in the website of Argentine Republic in the Philippines. The steps are pretty straightforward to follow. You will need to register to create an account. Then pay  before completing the application form. 

Cost: $150 (Ouch! I'm not sure when this changed. I recall this being less than $100 when I was just doing my research. 

You need to be tech-savvy enough to:
1. Scan your passport in pdf.
2. Merge multiple pdf documents into one file to be uploaded in the website. 
3. Adjust the resolution to 300 dpi, if needed. 
4. Compress the file if necessary. There is a 5MB size limit on the files uploaded in the system. 

I completed the forms in the system and submitted my application on a Sunday evening. I received the approved AVE the following week on a Saturday morning. It took 5 business days to receive the AVE. I was granted a 3-month stay from the date of the AVE approval. 




Make sure you print the document! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UK Visa Application in the Philippines

Blaaaaah-ging

Schengen Visa Application via French Embassy in the Philippines