Chile Visa Application in the Philippines

Day 0 - Few weeks before, I created an account in Servicios Consulares en linea. You can save the information in the visa application and submit at a later date. I started gathering and consolidating the documents. 

Day 1 - I submitted my application. I received a confirmation email that my visa application was received. The application form is quite easy to fill-out as long as you have all your documents in order 

Itinerary documents (consolidated in one pdf and uploaded):
1. Receipt of the booked tour with Cascada Expediciones for Ecocamp
2. Flights. Entry and exit flights to Chile, domestic flights.
3. Proof of booked accommodations

Economic means (consolidated in one pdf and uploaded)
1. Bank statements for the last 3 months of all my bank accounts. I did not submit any bank certificate, just the statements. 
2. Credit card statements for the last 3 months. 
3. Income tax returns from 2020-2023 (4 years)
4. Statements of Account of my investments in my mutual funds. 
5. Screenshot of my stocks ledger
6. Car ORCR
7. Consulting Agreement of my part-time job

There was no 'checklist of documents'. I submitted these based on my experience in applying visas over the years. You can choose to add or omit some of these depending on how strong you think your profile is. 

Here's my cover letter: 


Other documents:
1. Daily itinerary in Chile
2. Travel insurance for the trip (Pacific Cross). This is not a required document but I voluntarily get one when I travel
3. Booking confirmation with United Airlines for flights to the Americas
4. Copies of currently valid visas: USA (multiple-entry), Japan (multiple-entry), Schengen (multiple-entry)
5. Copies of previous passports with visas and entry and exit stamps

Day 3 - Solicitud de tramite (Entrevista) - I received an email containing the time and date of my visa interview. The interview was scheduled five days after. The short email also instructed me to bring my 1) passport, 2) economic solvency documents, and 3) itinerary of activities. 

Day 8 - Visa interview in Makati City. I printed everything related to my visa application and brought all of those for the interview. Good thing the interview was at 11AM so I skipped the MRT rush hour. Make sure to bring an extra ID to leave with the guard. I was in the waiting room with probably 3 other people waiting for their turn. I was called after 20 or so minutes. The visa officer was Chilean. He asked me a couple of questions about my trip plans, what I did for work, how was I funding the trip, etc. Standard visa application questions. He said the visa costs $88 (multiple entry) and I'll pay after the visa is approved (great!). He said they will contact me in case they have further questions. 

Day 27 - I got an email my visa was approved. The email contained the process of paying the visa. I had to go back to their Makati Office after 8 calendar days to pay for the visa in USD. I had USD on hand already (leftover from my US trip in 2022).

Day 35 - Visa payment. I went to the Chile Embassy, mentioned my name and informed there I was there to pay the visa. I was handed a deposit slip with pre-filled details. I went down the building to pay the fee. I went back up to the office to give them the validated deposit slip evidencing the proof of payment. The process took 15 minutes, including signing in the building's logbook and going up and down the lifts. So I decided to make use of my time and eat somewhere coz hey why not I was all dressed up for this errand. 



While eating, I received an email of the receipt for the visa fee. 

Day 36- I received the e-visa via email. This was approved three weeks before my departure date. 


You will be able to receive emails to update you on the staus of your application. 



I was granted 23 days from the date of arrival. 

Remember to print the document. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UK Visa Application in the Philippines

Blaaaaah-ging

Schengen Visa Application via French Embassy in the Philippines