A compilation of tips when traveling with your family:
- Beware of souvenir shots. These things costs HKD 100. My dad loves them, so he is willing to spend, even though the souvenir photo would buy us a KFC bucket meal. If you don’t want to buy this, don’t smile at the camera. Hehehehe.
|We got this for HKD 100 even though there's a photobummer at the back.|
- Taking family photos are still challenging. Tripods will still help you take photos.
- You can also barter with another family to take their photo. Lots of Filipino families traveling too.
|Thanks to our fellow kababayans who took this photo|
- Set a meeting place if you separate your ways. Someone will get tired, hungry or bored.
- Everyone should have some pocket money and passport/identification card with them.
- Have fun! At one point, it got too stressful to pose for the camera.
|Tired at HKIA|
- Be careful crossing the street. Vehicles are right-hand drive. Please follow traffic signs.
- Buy the Octopus Card at HKIA
- Ride the Double decker bus. A cheap thrill.
- Have snacks ready. Chances are, someone will get hungry at some point.
- Get brochures at the airport
- Memorize everyone's luggage. Be on the lookout for everyone’s baggage.
|Two push carts for the luggage|
Disneyland and Ocean Park Tips
Don’t attempt to do everything.
- Prioritize the show you want to watch. The best show for me: the fireworks.
- Please do not attempt to video the fireworks show. I did that in 2008 and I think I just watched the video once. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the show (so cliche but true). If you want to watch it again, you can find a better video in YouTube.
- When everyone wants to do their own thing, split into smaller groups. Meet somewhere, sometime.